5 Interesting facts about Mani Ratnam’s Chekka Chivantha Vaanam
The big day is arriving shortly in a week time. Yes, the much awaited Chekka Chivantha Vaanam directed by Mani Ratnam opens up huge across worldwide in both Tamil and Telugu. With an ensemble star-cast involving Arvind Swami, STR, Vijay Sethupathi, Arun Vijay, Jyotika, Aishwarya Rajesh, Dayana Erappa and Aditi Rao Hydari, AR Rahman has offered his musical Midas-touch to the film with Santhosh Sivan on his magical lens. Kolly Buzz brings you 5 interesting fact about Mani Ratnam’s Chekka Chivantha Vaanam.
1. Before Arun Vijay, it was Arjun Reddy and Geetha Govindam fame Vijay Devarakonda and Fahadh Faasil, who were considered for the role of Thyagu. They couldn’t make it due to clash with other projects.
2. Although, there are many rumours claiming that the film is a faint inspiration from epical masterpiece ‘Ponniyin Selvan’, it’s just said to be just a pick of shades from those characters. Friendship between Arvind Swami-Vijay Sethupathi, Arun Vijay’s wife being Ceylon Tamilian and Vijay Sethupathi being the link among characters has resembling links though.
3. Initially, Mani Ratnam didn’t want songs as he wanted to retain the edge-seated moments with best raciness. Nevertheless, as the discussions intensified, the songs developed and almost all the tracks would be montage based ones.
4. Although, the Kollywood strike had stalled the shooting for nearly a month, Mani Ratnam and his entire team managed to pull it off well within the planned schedule to wrap up the project.
5. You might see the change in body language of almost all the actors in Chekka Chivantha Vaanam, but not Vijay Sethupathi. It seems that the actor and director Mani Ratnam decided to retain the former’s usual mannerisms.